Lords Of War
Welcome to the Lords of War Forums! We hope you enjoy your stay and have fun! Cheers!
Lords Of War
Welcome to the Lords of War Forums! We hope you enjoy your stay and have fun! Cheers!
Lords Of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeArcadeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Control Panel

Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Social
Chat Box
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Send a P.M.
Inbox
PMs sent
Outbox
Savebox

Latest topics
» Who are you?
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:16 pm by chihaya

» Bye bye
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:05 pm by Tipsy

» Last Letter Game 1.0.1
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 am by RobinHood

» Last Letter Game
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 am by Taunies

» What Are You Tuned Into?
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:33 pm by bee

» Tickers and Scrolling Text
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:04 am by Tipsy

» What Kinda Instrument Do You Rock Out?
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 pm by Idhitit

» Shout box
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:37 pm by Tipsy

» How to Make a "Tech" Signature
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:03 am by Rangers

» How Did You End Up With Your Account?
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm by bee

» Kodak Moments!
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:19 pm by Tipsy

» Official Stupid Signs Thread
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:06 pm by Tipsy

» Official Stupid Pictures Thread
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm by Tipsy

» What Sports Do You Pay?
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 pm by Taunies

» Here's Your Freaking Answer!
How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm by Tipsy

Top posters
Tipsy
How to Install a Brush I_vote_lcapHow to Install a Brush I_voting_barHow to Install a Brush I_vote_rcap 
Taunies
How to Install a Brush I_vote_lcapHow to Install a Brush I_voting_barHow to Install a Brush I_vote_rcap 
Rangers
bee
RobinHood
Mervangi
Shredder
Idhitit
Snkrlow
chihaya

How to Install a Brush

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tipsy
Admin
Tipsy

Taurus Goat

How to Install a Brush Empty
PostSubject: How to Install a Brush   How to Install a Brush I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Table of Contents
I. Resources Used For This Guide
II. Introduction
III. WARNING
IV. Step One
V. Step Two
VI. Step Three
VII. Step Four
VIII. Step Five

I. Resources Used For This Guide
Download the example brush set I use in the guide by clicking on the colored link below:
AbstractTieskevo Brush Set
You will see and be able to use this brush set in another guide teaching about how to make a tech-oriented signature/technique! Brushes are your key tool to success!

II. Introduction
Fonts are extremely useful when it comes to photo shop. If creating your own custom text (with the help of a basic font of course) ain't your thing, then you're probably looking at a LOT of font installation.

This tutorial is very basic and well help you understand how to install and use a font for photoshop

III. WARNING:
Not recommended that you use abstract brushes to make a screwed up background for a professional power point presentation.

Moving on, there are five very basic steps for this tutorial.

IV. Step One
How to Install a Brush Instal16
Firstly apart from download you want to extract the folder if it's in zipped form, and look for the file that has .ABR as its tag (you might need to enable 'view file extensions' in your folder options). I took these sshots on my netbook so pardon the really small resolution. You can't see my cursor but I'm pointing to the abstracttieskevo file and it says it's an .abr file.

V. Step Two
How to Install a Brush Instal17
Go to photoshop and open it up (that would be a really good idea to do for the remaining steps at least). My photoshop on here will look completely different from yours however you set yours up, its a bitch on my netbook but I'll try and do the 'advanced' guides on my main computer for your sake. Moving on, you want to go to the Edit tab and scroll down to where it says Preset Manager, then click to open it up.

VI. Step Three
How to Install a Brush Instal18
A little window will pop up, on the right hand side of this window will be the commands you can so far click on, Done, and Load. Click Load. Your folder will open up, so just browse for that brush set you downloaded earlier and make sure you highlight and load the .ABR file. If it's not an .ABR file, I highly doubt you'll be successful in loading the downloaded brush set.

VII. Step Four
How to Install a Brush Instal19
You can see a whole bunch of custom brushes that I've already loaded, but basically the brushes in the middle are part of the abstract tieskevo set. You don't need to do anything else here, so just click Done.

VIII. Step Five
How to Install a Brush Instal20
I always use shortcuts in photoshop to help speed things up, and to open your brush window the hotkey is F5. It'll probably pop up differently for you, whether left or right (you can move your windows around to better suit you, in this case it's on the right for me). You're now ready to start using your newly installed brushes on your canvas, signatures-to-be, banners, skins, or anything else you'd want to use them for!

Have fun! And ALWAYS experiment with different sets of brushes! There are also themed brushes for a variety of styles such as grunge brushes, tech brushes, tribal brushes, etc etc!

Hope this helped Smile
Back to top Go down
https://lordsofwar.ace.st

How to Install a Brush
Page 1 of 1